Thursday, February 25, 2010

Darlene Zschech // Week 2

I don’t know your story but when I said yes to following Christ at the age of fifteen, I said a devout YES to following Jesus, whatever that meant. I was desperate for a sense of HOME in my heart.

I was already living out of home at this stage and had become lonely and quite complicated in my young and fragile self. I was looking for acceptance with no strings, and I was SO looking for some peace. I had NO idea about the benefits of accepting Jesus, the joy, the strength, and I certainly did not know about the Holy Spirit who comes as help and comforter. SALVATION to me was, and is enough; everything Christ did and is doing in me continues to take me by surprise. So you can see, I am EVER grateful for that Friday night when JOHN 3:16 – 22 was preached, and the light of Christ drew me home. A worshipper was released from prison that day...a prison of self, of disappointment, and of shame. And this worshipper lives in response to His great love, my life poured out as a thank you.

The reason I tell you this story is by way of testimony, of stirring up the grateful heart within which was built to give praise and honour. Psalm 78 says to us to tell our story, to speak of His faithfulness and wonders across the fabric of our everyday lives. As complicated as life may become…there is ALWAYS a way to bring forth that TRUTH of His kindness toward us, And this is one of the reasons I love the power of worship, as we sing the song of God that declares His goodness and faithfulness, His immense magnificence coming to meet us where we are at. And it may make some of you uncomfortable, BUT, when you are leading or singing, writing or creating from this place.. WOW, that sense of being abandoned to His will is highly contagious when it is authentic.

To all of you who are involved in leading, writing, playing, pastoring, or organizing any part of our congregational times of worship.. I encourage you today to do whatever you are doing from a constant platform of gratefulness. Maybe you too have to take some time to write down and remember how far you’ve come since Christ made His home in your heart. The miracles, the words He’s whispered deep into your soul, the breakthroughs…Lets always REMEMBER, lets TELL the story of His goodness, and lets worship the ONE who saved us! There is nothing worse than being led or instructed in worship by people who are going through the motions….c’mon…It’s a new day, there is an urgency in the air , the world is desperate to hear about this amazing ONE TRUE GOD. ! Lets lift up His name, bring our finest, and spend our 24/7 lives saying a deliberate and genuine THANKYOU.

WOW...I start blogging, and I feel like we are all just hanging out at my kitchen bench, having a good long natter about King Jesus… what a privilege. Love you…

Darlene Zschech is a singer, songwriter (Shout to the Lord), worship leader and speaker, most notably for her involvement in the music from Hillsong Church. In 2004 Darlene and her husband Mark initiated Hope: Rwanda, a global endeavor designed to bring hope to a nation seemingly forgotten since the horrific genocide of 1994. Darlene and Mark live in Sydney with their three daughters, Chloe and Zoe, Amy and son-in-law Andrew. For more info visit darlenezschech.com


Taken from: http://www.worshipcentral.org/blog/guest/darlene-zschech/darlene-zschech-week-2

No comments:

Post a Comment